The main focus of the government is now in the area of agriculture and there is an urgent need of trained professionals in the Agric sector of the economy. As the country needs to mechanize agriculture in order to provide adequate income for farmers, there is an urgent need for massive cultivation equipment and services. One of the ways this can be achieved is through a program called the Agric Services Providers. The primary aims of this training are to:
• Train and empower as Agric Services Providers, the many young school leavers who find themselves unemployed with no skill yet searching for jobs to no avail.
• Provide the much needed mechanize agricultural services for land preparation to the large pool of farmers who are still using cutlass and hoe to prepare their farms.
• Encourage banks and other private sector institutions achieve the goal of assisting farmers while providing entrepreneurship skills for youths in the agricultural sector using mechanized equipment for greater food production.
• Training on agricultural machinery operations is to develop and make skilled tractor operations available. A well trained tractor operator will execute farms mechanization task effectively and efficiently.
• Trainees will be exposed to skill acquisitions on tillage and post tillage operations
• Development & instilling maintenance culture and record keeping in the trainee through practical involvement
• Increase farmers income through adoption of mechanized agricultural practices for higher crop yield
• Trained ASP will embrace agriculture and promote self-employment.
Participants will be tested at the end of the training program, and those passing will be certified. Training venue:
The training venue will include the following facilities:
• Lecture room or space for the theoretical training
• 3 hectares of cleared land for the practical training
• Lockable space for tools and small equipment.